Royal Corps of Signals
The first regular signals unit of the British army was formed in 1870 – C Telegraph Group of the Royal Engineers. This unit became The Royal Engineers Signals Service in 1912. In June 1920 The Corps of Signals was formed. This became The Royal Corps of Signals six weeks later in August 1920. The Corps takes precedence next after the Royal Engineers. The Badge on Fovant Down was cut in 1970 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Corps’ formation.
Further information www.army.mod.uk/signals